We’re almost three months in to 2017 and it’s set to be a huge year for us at Stroud Homes Brisbane West, and the greater Ipswich area.
If you’re looking to build an investment home this year and still haven’t settled on a location, here are 10 reasons why Ipswich should be on your radar.
- Over 5,000 house sales are expected during 2017 – this is double the number of home sales just 5 years ago.
- The number of properties listed for sale continues to decline.
- Property values are continuing to rise and this is expected to accelerate throughout 2017.
- The rental vacancy rate is tight and even lower than last year – which means investment properties are more likely to be filled by tenants.
- Weekly rents are rising and expected to continue to increase further during 2017.
- Ipswich’s population and job growth is expected to double in the next 10 years.
- The region has a much younger demographic than most of South East Queensland.
- Detached houses will be in strong demand, on a variety of allotment sizes, with more homes catering to multiple tenants (designs like duplexes and granny flats).
- Brisbane West – especially Ipswich – is undersupplied with new housing.
- Whilst the Ipswich housing market is improving, the strength of the current recovery is somewhat mild compared to past cycles.
Are you ready to build an investment property? Give Rosemary a call on 0448 687 683 today to talk about land opportunities, home designs and more.