Building Trends in 2016
With Xmas fast approaching its a super crazy time for everyone. Here at Stroud Homes Gold Coast we are still in full swing. We’re strategically planning the impending mandatory break with aplomb. Jobs are scheduled out to ease to a halt before Xmas eve and set to fire up again in January so we don’t lose any valuable time. Forecasts are confirmed and people are rallied to ensure a smooth transition back in 2016.
With that said it poses the question: What will the housing market be like in 2016 and what does this mean for homebuyers this coming year? One word – optimism. It will be business as usual. 2015’s housing market was driven by low-interest rates and buoyant consumer confidence drove sustained growth and the appeal of building a new home. Affordability was and is still very good in comparative terms to buying an existing property.
Land supply is improving and demand is very strong. Blocks are being snapped up quickly which signifies simply that value is undeniably present and people really believe that building a new home is the most viable and smart way of living today. Not only that, supporting the local economy and supporting jobs for Gold Coast people.
Now to today’s topic – what we feel will be the ‘in’ thing this coming year. Classy and refined finishes we feel will come to the forefront. What’s in vogue can still be timeless and that’s what we believe can be achieved with the subtlety of placement in our homes.
Here’s our top 6:
1. More use of timber. Timber is a beautiful and sustainable product and when used to highlight internal and external features it creates warmth and natural charm.
Where? Bathroom vanity tops and features walls and pillars….
2. Baths are back. Freestanding Baths are a major feature. People still love a good soak.
Where? A well positioned classy bath in an ensuite can become the hero of the inner sanctum.
3. Toilets are getting smarter. Companies like Roca are at the forefront of innovation with a Rimless model for instance.
User-friendly and more hygienic these will be the new standard in toilets soon.
You can get heated seats on some models and so much more.
4. Indoors/outdoors flow. This crucial entertaining feature in a home is redefining design and becoming a staple to most homes. Pocket sliding doors and recessed tracks create a seamless transition from inside to outside.
Where? Alfresco living at its best with innovative door systems like a cavity or bi-folding doors just tear down those walls we all don’t want on those balmy summer nights.
5. Inbuilt outdoor cooking. Transportable barbecues are out and inbuilt BBQs are in. The most discernible barbecue chef has it in spades with one of these.
Gourmet hooded BBQ, provision for your bar fridge and fully functioning sink. All you need to cook up a storm! And look out – our outstanding Pizza Oven is coming soon.
6. Tiles are going geometric. Abstract in its intent and appeal. Trends are moving towards an artistic expression. Perhaps throwbacks to the 70s you say. But this style is back in vogue and set to become a prevalent choice in 2016.
Where? Geometric tile patterns to kitchen splashbacks and coupled with painted walls being in moody colours and shades and darker palettes.
Image credit Design Milk
So come to visit us this year or next year. Let’s start the conversation and soon you’ll find we are your new home building solution.
Yours in Building,
Stroud Homes Gold Coast